Mrs. Stern shares her life with Ms. Jones’ students

By Samantha M.

MONTBELLO. On Wednesday, December 7th, Nora Yim Stern, literacy teacher at Greenwood Academy, shared her life story in Ms. Jones’ classroom. Stern described her family and favorite activities to help Ms. Jones’ students get to know her better.

“I love teaching because I love to spend my day with kids which I actually think are cool kids. I also love teaching because all teachers have a light bulb moment and that means that whenever a child learns something that you always wanted them to learn you get really happy,” said Mrs. Stern, 6th grade literacy teacher at Greenwood Academy.

She also loves teaching because she gets to spend the day with cool kids. Nora likes teaching because she says that all of her students are like her kids.

“My major event in life was buying a house,” said Mrs. Stern.

Nora’s major event was when she bought a house because in her family mostly everybody lived in apartments including her. Thanks to her sacrifice she could finally buy a house which she could call her own.

Nora also loved school because she had amazing teachers. She also loved it because high school were the best years of her life. Stern loves teaching because teachers always get a lightbulb moment. That means that whenever a student learns something or overcomes something that the teacher always wanted them to do.

Yim’s parents are from different countries. Yim’s dad is from Cambodia and her mother is from China. Mrs. Stern also loves traveling. She has gone to China, Europe and Spain.

“One of my most embarrassing moments in life was when I went to my friend’s wedding. The wedding rings were passed around to everybody there to say there wishes to the groom and the wife. When it was my turn, I wasn’t paying attention and I accidentally lost the ring and everybody had to get on the floor to look for the ring. It took us about 2 hours until we found it,” said Mrs.Stern

Yim was really embarrassed because thanks to her the people that were invited had to get on the ground and look for the ring. Thankfully her and her friend are still friends up to this date.

greenwoodjournalism