Justin Banham expresses love for nature with students

By Kristell M.

DENVER, Colorado. On Friday, February 10th, 2017, 7th grade Social Studies and Literacy teacher at Greenwood Academy, Justin Banham (Mr. Banham) stopped in Ms. Jones’ classroom to express his love of nature and animals with the students. His love of nature runs deeper than just the experience he holds.

“I have a tattoo on the back of my leg because that is just how impactful nature has been on my life” he said.

Mr. Banham described his inspirations and reasons for living the way he does with a deep love for nature to inspire the students to become more involved in the community.

Banham has gone to great length to become more involved with nature and animals such as joining Adventure Club, going camping at least 12 times a year, and owning 2 ferrets, 2 lizards, 6 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 snake, 3 beta and more.

Justin Banham has even considered moving out to the mountains just west of Denver, but, although he looked at many houses, he unfortunately had no luck.

“I would love to move into the mountains. It’s just so expensive, and the one house I could afford was so far away from everything else,” Banham tells us.

greenwoodjournalism